Are You a Good Candidate for Cloud?
To determine if your organization is a good fit for migration replication for some or all of your applications or certain applications that are suited for the cloud you need to develop a plan. Utilizing the RingStor Vault or RingStor DRaaS for your continuity plan or disaster recovery is an ideal method to protect your data and help you to manage your risk of lost IT services. Here is a list of questions that is the beginning of your plan – the answers may surprise you.
The first item on your checklist is to assess your applications, workloads and backup and recovery solutions. You can do this by asking yourself and the rest of your IT team these important questions:
- How old are your applications and backup systems? Good candidates have applications built in the last 15 years. Older apps may need to be rewritten using up-to- date technologies. You should take into account how long you plan you to use specific applications, as well.
- How old is your hardware? If your hardware is reaching the end of its lifespan, you’re most likely a good candidate for the cloud.
- Are there any application priorities? If you have applications that have high utilizations and can never fail, they may need top priority for migration. However, if all of these important processes are connected to legacy systems, you may have an issue with cloud migration.
- What are your security and compliance needs? This may be a deal breaker. Applications that have sensitive data will, at a minimum, have special requirements if they are to be run on the cloud. An example would be data that has extreme compliance requirements like health records.
- Do your applications need to scale quickly? If so, cloud technology could be a good move for your company because of its scalability. This is extremely important if speed to market and adoption are important to your company.
- What about software upgrades? Does your software need to be upgraded often? If so, you should think about what happens after there’s no more support for the software. Requiring constant upgrades could be a great indicator that you’re ready to move to the cloud.
- What is your current backup and recovery solution? This is an often overlooked area in the IT environment until something bad happens to a critical application or the CEO deleted an email and wants it back.
Once you have detailed answers to these questions and understand whether cloud technology would be the best choice given your applications, you’re ready to move on to creating a migration plan.
RingStor and our professional services staff have extensive experience in assisting customers with their assessments, continuity planning, and disaster recovery scenarios. Let’s get started today in helping you manage your risk to business interruptions.
Click here to request a 30-minute demo to see how RingStor Trifecta can protect your server today!
Unified, cost-effective data protection solutions.
Cloud Replication by RingStor that Provides Comprehensive Protection
The RingStor cloud replication services (DRaaS) connects an organization’s on-premises production environment with a RingStor approved hosting data center for offsite data replication and continuous application availability. The production site and the recovery site stay in sync through reliable and secure replication powered by RingStor DRaaS.
With this approach to Migration Replication (RingStor DRaaS) our replication environment provides applications with failover and failback capabilities to bring a remote, secure copy of data, operating systems, and applications back online in minutes – not hours or days.
Simplified Management from RingStor
Utilizing the RingStor DRaaS service you get complete control and visibility of your disaster recovery infrastructure including non-disruptive testing. Additionally, customers have on-demand access to real-time reports. historical records and the RingStor professional support services.
Historically, recovery solutions have required companies to have multiple IT failover support while employing highly technical support and maintenance staff and spend increasing amounts of the IT budget to guarantee recovery. The RingStor DRaaS solution enables companies all sizes to have an affordable recovery plan using a predictable billing model and tiered SLA’s that maximize budget and impact of the DR replication plan
Contact RingStor today and let us help you manage your risk to business interruptions with the RingStor DRaaS solution.